Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Long Haul but Getting There

I've calculated that if I read 50 pgs. per day of Putting Your Passion Into Print, it will take me approximately 8.5 days to read it. Afterwards, I have to read all my other sources which equates to about eight others.

Although I have a lot to do still, I have accomplished a lot as well. Firstly, I've finished my first draft of interview questions and emailed a request for an interview with Patrice Wade Johnson, author of Wisdom Seeds and Lundyn Bridges. Ms. Johnson is also one of the administrators at my school and we are well acquainted, as I am the Vice-President of her Pearls group. After, the interview, if all goes well, I'd like to ask her to be my mentor on the whole project. The whole correspondence would be very convenient for the both of us. We are in the same building everyday. Additionally, I have OK-ed switching stories with my teacher and I sent an email to Vicky asking if she is okay with that.

As for the story I'm now going to use, it is a finished product. All I have left to do is edit and revise it. Once that is finished, I'll ask someone close to read it over and give me feedback. But for now, I'm going to go back to taking notes and prepare for the interview (camera for pictures, and a tape recorder? video camera?....)

SOoooooo much to do.....


Did You Know Facts cont.

Bestsellers represent less than 5% of Barnes & Noble's total sales
Paper is the largest manufacturing cost for a book
Publishers make less than 10% profit on each book sold
Less than 10% of books earn back their advance
Average American buys fewer than 2 books per year
How well a book sells is 15% dependant on its content and 85% dependant on author's ability to network
A manuscript needing a hefty editing can cost up to $25,000

No comments:

Post a Comment